British Gas Wireless Thermostat
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gotabelt
Tradesman
Tradesman

British Gas Wireless Thermostat

Post by gotabelt » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:38 am

I have British Gas Thermostst to control my C/H. It is a T4RF/CP4RF model. Sadly I do not have any instructions. Does anyone know how to set the cut in temp. and cut out temp. It does work but I do not fully understand about the "SET" button in the center of the adjusting bezel.
Peter.

Cheesie1
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by Cheesie1 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:36 pm

U have 4 setting temps 1,2 3 and night setting which is the shape of a half crescent. The temps u put in r the target temps so if set to come on at 0830hrs and u put in 20 degs will come on til reaches 20 degs, or won't come on if hot enough, the other settings r the same the night setting needs to be quite low ie 7 degs or will be on over night when u don't need it, but will kick in if it drops cold! If u still don't understand, do u have BG contract? if so call them out to go through it with u! Alternatively u can get instructions sent to u, BG just put their logo on it, but they r manufactured by honeywell, ACL etc???!!

gotabelt
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by gotabelt » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:21 am

Hi Chessie,

thanks for that. I have printed off your reply and will check it out. I cannot re-call seeing the icons you speak off but will have a look any way. The times that the boiler is fired up is controlled by a timer (7.am to 9.30pm) so obviously the night settings would not function if the timer has switched off the boiler.
Once again thanks for the info.

Peter

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1