Our fence didn't have concrete footings above ground (I just moved into this house). The concrete seems to run from post bottom, up to 10 cm below surface. Result: during a recent storm. one of the posts snapped @ ground level.
I was considering the following, and want to know if anyone has had success with this proposed soultion. The solution doesn't have to look pretty, as fence backs onto alley way. It just has to be strong.
* Drill holes in concrete on either side of post.
* Insert rebar into holes and up alongside the post
* fasten rebar to sides of post
* pour concrete into holes around rebar
* fasten rebar up side of post
* pour concrete to ground level (is currently about 10 cm below grown) and dome @ top to allow water runoff
P.S. I plan to fix remaining posts, by pouring concrete to ground level, and dome up around post, to prevent water damage to other posts.