broken toilet seat needs replacing
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
colcurly
Labourer
Labourer

broken toilet seat needs replacing

by colcurly » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:55 pm

this may sound simple, but i'm after a little bit of help concerning the toilet seat on a CHAMONIX style suite we got from B&Q.The seat has cracked and needs replacing, but the only obvious fastenings are 2 screws or bolts at the back of he seat and attached the pan . the onl yway i can describe it is ,the bottom part of the toilet is a solid piece with no access underneath, so i cant tell what if anything the holding bolts for the seat fasten into?
do you have to remove the whole toilet to gain access to any nuts holding the seat , or is it just screwed from the top ?
any info would be a great help, and i have asked at B&Q but they dont have that model anymore, and no one could give me an answer....

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:33 pm

colcurly,
See if there is a pop off cover on top of the pan brackets, if there is remove these which will expose screws which fit into expanding type fixings. Whether you will be able to remove them is another matter.
end

TradePlumb
Labourer
Labourer

by TradePlumb » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:36 pm

Hey there

This is a common problem - you have a top-fix toilet seat. May I suggest a simple solution:

Pair of Well Nuts

These are the expanding fixing type that stoneyboy has mentioned. You can get these on their own, so you should be able to find a wide range of seats that, with this different fixing, will still work with your toilet.

Hope this helps.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:34 am