Bubbles in ceiling
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
janturn
Labourer
Labourer

Bubbles in ceiling

by janturn » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:01 pm

I have just platerstered over my artexed ceiling .... the ceiling was bonded before plastering using a PVA adhesive watered down to the recomended level. Following a coat of mat white paint (watered down) areas of the ceiling have begun to 'bubble' It looks at if areas of plaster have lifted away from the artex. I have been told that this can happen occasionally especially in a room which has a gas fire! The ceiling looks as if it has a sad case of the mumps :lol: Other rooms ..hall, dining room which have also had the ceiling platered over artex but have not been affected. Has anyone experianced this problem before? Will I have to reboard the ceiling using platerboard and re plaster ..... probably! :?

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:59 pm

Sounds like the ceiling may have been a bit greasy to start with and the plaster (or PVA) has not bonded properly. Not too much you can do here as patching it up (afetr cleaning with sugar soap) will require a great deal of skill to be "invisible"

janturn
Labourer
Labourer

by janturn » Thu May 03, 2007 12:12 pm

Thanks for the reply, managed to scape plaster back in areas were ceiling affected, re bond with PVA and plaster over. Appears to be ok after first coat of matt emulsion - no visible signs of repair.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:56 pm