builders that don't listen!!
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rose
Ganger
Ganger

builders that don't listen!!

by rose » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:54 pm

why don't some ( i say some) builders listen to requests.
having a house renovated so plenty of work being done. the plastering is now all complete, but have realised that the walls have a 'wave' in them!! don't know how this has happened and now it has to come off in places and redone and this was the builders 'best'plasterer.
i have had trees removed that shouldn't have been, roof tiles broken coz they weren't placed carefully..the list is endless
they don't seem to listen to reequestes frequently made by us but we listen to them on a saturday afternoon when they want payment.

am getting fed up with the whole project and becoming very disheartened...

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:59 pm

rose,
Having any building work done is one of the most frustrating experiences you will have. I assume you are a lady and I'm sorry to say many builders do not think women have the faintest idea about practical matters and treat them as idiots. If you have a male other half insist that he does all the dealing with the builders.
You could try giving your builders a written list of works to be completed but even this can go wrong because the written word is misunderstood.
Falling out with your builder is not a good idea, try to keep things civilised and think about the finished job.
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:02 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

help at hand

by TheDoctor4 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:52 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:34 am