Building A Beehive - I need Plans
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
LouiseT
Labourer
Labourer

Building A Beehive - I need Plans

Post by LouiseT » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi.

I'm very inexperienced in carpentry but I would like to build a beehive myself. I'm looking for some easy to follow plans which I can use to build my own.

I've been browsing through Google but can't really find what I'm looking for. I found this article google http://ezinearticles.com/?Bee-Hive-Plan ... id=5215964 but you have to pay for the guide that it provides.

Anybody know of any free or cheap bee hive plans? Or has anybody built a beehive before and could share some tips.

Thank you in advanced.
Last edited by LouiseT on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brooky
Labourer
Labourer

Build a Beehive

Post by Brooky » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:13 am

LouiseT
Google the following website "scottishbeekeepers.org.uk/downloads/html/downloadsindex.html", and scroll down to the Technical Data Sheets, you will find 4 differant hives listed. As a simple hive, I would recomment the Smith Hive. The WBC Hive is the one people most associate with the look of a beehive, but are more complex to build and operate.
Hope this helps
Brooky

LouiseT
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Build a Beehive

Post by LouiseT » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:48 am

Brooky wrote:LouiseT
Google the following website "scottishbeekeepers.org.uk/downloads/html/downloadsindex.html" bee hive plans, and scroll down to the Technical Data Sheets, you will find 4 differant hives listed. As a simple hive, I would recomment the Smith Hive. The WBC Hive is the one people most associate with the look of a beehive, but are more complex to build and operate.
Hope this helps
Brooky

Hey sorry for the late response, but thanks for your help, I'm all sorted now! :D

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:05 am