building regs./ planning permission

Postby sammi » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Hello,

I would be very grateful for any help with these issues. I am in the process of buying a house which has a single storey dining room and sun room (windows floor to high ceiling as split level) which does not have planning permission or a building regulation certificate. The surveyor suspects the build is single block work probably without insulation and a flat roof without insulation but without further investigation he is unable to comment. The room 13'9" x 13'7" plus 13'8" x 8'4". The extension was done at least 16+ years ago. I understand no action can be taken re: the planning and that indemnity insurance can be taken out, my worries are these:-

- If I decide to insulate the outside of the building will I need planning permission? If so, can I do this for a building which does not have permission?

- If I was to put an apex roof on it will I require a buildings reg cert.?

In other words, can I mess around with this extension (and get all the legal documentation in order) without shooting myself in the foot by notifying the planning department?

- how straightforward is it for a surveyor to certify the building safe?

I'm feeling very nervous about this purchase because the room is a feature of the house and I think it will take a huge amount of heating.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sammi
sammi

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby mark696 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:20 am

These are very critical issues which could be handled with care. You need to hire a building contractor consultant because they can handle these issues very easily. they also work between builder and labour for good work. they handle any government affairs and other permission issues.
mark696

Sort by
Order by