Building Regulations for heating controls for new properties
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
scott123
Labourer
Labourer

Building Regulations for heating controls for new properties

by scott123 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:23 pm

Hi

Wondering if anyone can answer this question for me pleeeeease.

I have just moved into a brand new property, and have a brand new lovely condensing boiler. trouble is though, there isnt a programmer for the central heating or hot water - theres literally only an on and off switch for heating/hot water.

is this a breach of building regs???? because it seems unsual that there would be no programmer in a brand new house with a brand new boiler. kind of takes the meaning out of 'energy efficient' boiler.

many thanks

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:21 am

Hi scott123,
Sorry if this is a bit late, i've been away for a (well deserved) holiday
I understood that newly fitted boilers should have a thermostatic control that runs in conjunction with the boiler but is fixed on either landing or hall wall.
You may be just as well either postings your message on the plumbing forum for a more better response or call bolier manufactures.
Best Wishes
KB

waynetheplumber
Labourer
Labourer

heating controlls

by waynetheplumber » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:00 am

just incase this hasnt already been answered, to satisfy regs you now need to have A programmer (usually on the boiler), a room thermostat, and thermostatic rad valves as well as other things such as Auto by-pass etc.

Do you have a benchmark book to support the installation/commissioning of the boiler?

If not there is a strong chance that if anything ever goes wrong with the boiler, then the manufacturers wont want to know.

just a thought

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1