Bungalow and How Many Rooms can we get With Loft Conversion
Information and advice on lofts and loft conversions. Find solutions and post your questions here...

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
saintbulbasaur
Labourer
Labourer

Bungalow and How Many Rooms can we get With Loft Conversion

Post by saintbulbasaur » Thu May 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Thinking of buying a bungalow, but nervous because I'm not sure how many rooms I'd get out of it if we got the loft converted. Ideally I'd like to get three bedrooms (can be small) and a bathroom. Can anyone advise?

The internal height of the loft is 2.3m. The roof is a hip roof (i.e. slanted on all four sides). The dimensions of the whole property are roughly 12m x 6m.

jonwade
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Bungalow and How Many Rooms can we get With Loft Conversion

Post by jonwade » Fri May 26, 2017 8:56 am

I've been looking into this. First, have any neighbours got the same type of bungalow? Have any converted the loft? The one next to the one I am buying has, which is handy!

What way is the bungalow? Is it long from front to back, or wide? If wide, should be easy to get 3 bedrooms, as each will be able to face the street or back with a normal window, but if long (like the one I'm buying!) then the middle rooms will have to have side windows, which will have to be obscured glass. Unless you do some sort of dormer with glazed cheeks in the middle room.

In short, build the biggest dormer you can. If size is more important than style, you can do it under permitted development, but will need dormers. Look at "shed dormers", these can look better.

Littlealexmum
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Bungalow and How Many Rooms can we get With Loft Conversion

Post by Littlealexmum » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi,
We are also looking at buying a semi detatched bungalow and are wanting to build up to extend and add 2 bedrooms and a shower room. There are several bungalows around the area some wuith just roof lights but others with dormer style, which i prefer.
Do you have any idea on cost to build up?

Thanks

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:35 pm