burst flexi hose underneath bathroom sink
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
RoKunz
Labourer
Labourer

burst flexi hose underneath bathroom sink

Post by RoKunz » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:25 am

Had all new bathroom units fitted so all parts of plumbing renewed i.e. every pipe which also included new floorboards done 3 years ago but 11pm on a Sunday had flood with water cascading down to kitchen which was coming from bathroom sink. It appeared fault was with the flexi hose underneath the sink which had a bulge in it which then burst so after turning off cock-stop, next day hose renewed but would it not have been better to have the old and tried and tested system of using copper piping instead . Clearly the flood has led to a lot of expense and I do not want the same problem to re-occur therefore can someone advise me if there is a better solution than using these flexi hoses in plumbing because now I have discovered a number of people where the flexi hose has failed.

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: burst flexi hose underneath bathroom sink

Post by proptech » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi RoKunz

Flexes are handy as they save a lot of time with the final connections. But, in my opinion there is no substitute for copper. OK it can be tricky at times, but with soldered joints, and careful use of bends, the result can be very neat in appearance, and reliable.

Having said that, not all flexes are up to standard, I wonder if the one you had a problem with was rubbish in the first place. I would not expect to find that problem. A flex from a reliable source should give very many years service.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:36 am