Burst main now no water

Postby gary001 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi, whilst doing some landscaping I put the digger through the water main, 25mm MDPE. Turned off at street. No major issue went got some fittings and repaired. Turned water back on, went inside turned on tap, nothing, no water at all not even a trickle, went out turned water off at street split the new joint, turned water back on plenty of water, connected back up turned on water still nothing, am I missing something or is it likely mud has made its way up the pipe and blocked the stop cock.

Thanks in advance.

Gary.
gary001
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stokedan1 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:46 pm

i would say you are right and there is dirt in your water pipe, unless you have caught the pipe somewhere else and not noticed

if it is dirt then its also probably made its way past your stopcock and to your taps, valves
stokedan1
Progress to next rank:
78.9%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!