Cable gland with cord grip required

Postby DonnyDave » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:22 pm

I am looking at fitting two double sockets next to each other powered from a 13amp socket. I have a length of 3-core 1.5mm ^2 flex and require a gland with a suitable cord grip. I need at least 1 backing box to be PVC to make a round hole for the gland.

Links deleted. We do not allowlinks to commercial sites
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:57 pm


Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:42 am

The normal gland is often called a stuffing gland these compress a lump of rubber which grip the cable normally black or white plastic there are red one but these are for fire alarm cables there are also version in aluminum which has two screws and cable grip they hold cable better but don't seal as well. The glands also come in different sizes. Screwfix call them "IP68 Nylon Gland Black 20mm" The plastic type normally come with backing nut but clamp version you need to get nuts as well. With some glands if you remove rubbers they will work as nice spacers allowing one to connect two backing boxes together. Go into proper electrical wholesaler and I am sure they will help.

Postby DonnyDave » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:39 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I have done the job and used a IP68 gland (like the one you referred to from Screwfix) and it holds the flex tight.
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:57 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics