can i spur off a socket to the shed?

Postby board_stupid » Thu May 03, 2007 9:06 pm

hello, im wanting to run power to my shed from the house, can i run a swa cable spured from the ring main if i only want 1 socket and a light in the shed? The shed is only 2 meters from the house and im intending to use a socket with a built in rcd. To run from the board will be quite a hassle labour wise, any help appreciated.
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:57 pm


Simply Build It

Postby board_stupid » Fri May 04, 2007 9:43 am

ok after a bit more thought i can simplify my question, basically under part P do i have to run from the board or can i spur off the ring main? I am a sprk but do not yet have my part P but will have (hopefully) by the time i do this work, many thanks, bill
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:57 pm

Postby sparx » Fri May 04, 2007 5:06 pm

First thing, where you run from is not a part p issue,
the regs let you run from a socket or from the board, and either way you need an RCD, and then to a fused connection unit for lights.
However, part p means that you can't run anything to the outside of your property without notifying bldg control & paying their fees, unless you are part p registered/approved, good luck with registering, regards SPARX
Posts: 2166
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: The fifth continent.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics