Can I Swap Timer Operated Battery Between LED Lights?

Postby eap » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:46 am

Hi
I own a battery operated (3 AAA) LED fairy lights with a timer of a certain colour. I want a set of different coloured fairy lights of similar length with a timer (operates for 6 hours a day).
I can't get hold of them. So can I cut the wires coming out of the battery of the wrong coloured lights , say 10 inches from the source and then attach the new set of coloured led lights to them? and will the battery work?

I know I could easily do it with regular bulbs and is it allowed with led lighst? Can you help? Thanks. eap
eap
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:17 pm

Each colour of LED has a different threshold voltage. Likely this is compensated for with resistors with each LED, but can't be sure, so really can't answer question.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!