Can laminate flooring be easily removed?
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

Jujubes
Labourer
Labourer

Can laminate flooring be easily removed?

by Jujubes » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:37 pm

Hello, I'm new here and have what I hope is not TOO silly a question!

Can laminate flooring be easily removed and relaid elsewhere? Or is it the case that once it is down, it is down? I ask because I am currently renting a lovely old house that is in desperate need of new flooring (it is currently mostly solid wood flooring which is not in the best condition). I would be willing to invest in new flooring, as I would like to create a comfortable and attractive home, and the landlord doesn't mind, however as it is not my house I am reluctant to spend a fortune on flooring - and the cheaper laminates I've seen just don't seem to suit the house. I was therefore wondering whether it would be possible to lay a better quality laminate and simply remove this and take it with me when I move out. Is this something that is done/possible?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Also, if anyone has any other relatively cheap flooring options I would be grateful if you could please let me know.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am