cant lower pressure
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
morgan2k8
Labourer
Labourer

cant lower pressure

by morgan2k8 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi can someone please help me!!

Sunday morning i woke to a freezing cold house, so i put on heating for kids. After 10 mins i had "0-0.5" pressure and i was told by my landlord that if that happens to turn a specific dial underneath boiler till the pressure gets to "1.5-2.0", which i did then turned it off but the pressure kept raiseing till it hit "4" and then a loud noise came from boiler :?
Its now stuck at "3" with a wining noise and when i turn taps on and off i get a really load clanging and shaking from boiler and radiator!
And through the night it could be silent for an hour or 2 then it will start banging again till i turn tap on and turn it back off slowly.

PLEASE HELP I NEED SLEEP!!

Thanks John

morgan2k8
Labourer
Labourer

Re: cant lower pressure

by morgan2k8 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:10 pm

[quote="morgan2k8"]Hi can someone please help me!!

Sunday morning i woke to a freezing cold house, so i put on heating for kids. After 10 mins i had "0-0.5" pressure and i was told by my landlord that if that happens to turn a specific dial underneath boiler till the pressure gets to "1.5-2.0", which i did then turned it off but the pressure kept raiseing till it hit "4" and then a loud noise came from boiler :?
Its now stuck at "3" with a wining noise and when i turn taps on and off i get a really load clanging and shaking from boiler and radiator!
And through the night it could be silent for an hour or 2 then it will start banging again till i turn tap on and turn it back off slowly.

PLEASE HELP I NEED SLEEP!!

Thanks John[/quote]

Also water is leaking from under the boiler at about 2-3ltrs every 12hrs

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:18 am

Hi Morgan,

Your filling loop valve is still on IMHO
The noise and the water is from the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV)
Please disconnect the braided hose on the filling loop, some water, be prepared, move the valve a little to stop it quick.

Hth

morgan2k8
Labourer
Labourer

by morgan2k8 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:10 pm

[quote="Steve the gas"]Hi Morgan,

Your filling loop valve is still on IMHO
The noise and the water is from the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV)
Please disconnect the braided hose on the filling loop, some water, be prepared, move the valve a little to stop it quick.

Hth[/quote]

Thank you very much Steve!!!!

The tap was still turned on, must of turned it wrong way when i meant to turn it off.
Very much appreciated! :D :D :D :D :D

John

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1