ceiling fan light not working how I want it to
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

jacs
Labourer
Labourer

ceiling fan light not working how I want it to

by jacs » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:48 am

I have installed ceiling fan light like this 2 cables from ceiling both with red black and earth. wires from fan light brown earth blue and red.connection boxes on fan light are earth, I have connected all earth wires up no problem . Other box is 3 connectors in this order L lightbulb symbol N. I have 4 wires coming from fan, red which was tagged with light bulb. I have connected this to the light bulb symbol along with the 2 reds from supply cables, earth to the earth block, Brown wire to L along with 1 black wire from supply, Blue to N along with other black wire from supply. It does work but the problem being when I switch on the light switch this is what I get, power to light and fan but but only operable by the pull cords. This is what I want when I turn on light switch I want the light to come straight on without having to pull the cord and the fan I want to be able to control by just pulling the cord is this possible HELP :!: [/img]

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:20 am