CEILING FAN..........
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cassie
Labourer
Labourer

CEILING FAN..........

by cassie » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:22 pm

:x [b] [u][u][i]hi out there....... i have a secondhand ceiling light fan with a blue wire,green & yellow and brown wires as normal. BUT, there is also a single red wire. The connector is marked with; L, L/K, N and earth symbol. Does the red wire go into the L/K part of the connector? I have been doing my own electrics for years and never seen this configuration before.
Any help greatfully recieved.
Cassie.[/u][/u][/i] :wink: [/b]

kuzz
Ganger
Ganger

by kuzz » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:29 pm

Your light has a permanent live, so you can use the fan part of it with out having to have the light swich on. If you want it to work in this way connect it up as normal & connet the red wire to the permanant live or loop. If you have no loop connect the red and brown wire together. the switch on the wall will now have to be in the on position before the light or the fan will operate.

cassie
Labourer
Labourer

Ceiling fan saga part deux ..........

by cassie » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:33 pm

:( [size=18][/size] Many thanks Kuzz...... but we tried all you suggested and the fuses blew with those tries and others. I am beginning to think it is a fault fan light as nothing works. Oh well..........
Again, thanks for replying to my question. :x

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:11 am