Ceiling Lamp too Low and Exposing Hole and Wires After Fitting

Postby shaunson » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:22 pm

My dad, an electrician recently fitted this pendant lamp to my ceiling. He struggled getting the top of the fitting to touch the ceiling, so it is hanging too low, exposing the hole in the ceiling and the wires. The lamp stays in place, even when pulling the strings. I have heard that there is some sort of clip that would help the lamp stay close to the ceiling, so that the hole is not visible. Can anyone help?
Attachments
lamp2.png
Lamp closed
lamp1.png
Lamp open, when string is pulled
shaunson
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby tileclipproman » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:54 pm

there should have been one in with the kit that came with the light,ask dad to fix it or he can forget fathers day
tileclipproman
Progress to next rank:
20%

Postby kbrownie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:17 pm

Looks like an Ikea special.
Normally on these type of slide up covers, you would have a small grub screw that is on the cover that nips/grabs the flex.
Ikea should not sell unsafe lamps where live conductor are left exposed and your dad being an electrician should know that this has not been left safe!
kbrownie

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!