ceiling light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
simonmulder2003
Labourer
Labourer

ceiling light

by simonmulder2003 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:57 pm

i have put in a false ceiling on stairway with 5 x 240v downlights (GU30), these have been connected to existing light supply. my problem is, i live in council property and recently inspected for a rewire and because these lights are hard wired to mains they have to be disconnected. i have exactly the same lights elsewhere in the house, but these are connected to a plug socket, which can be unplugged with ease. i was told these were ok because they are not hard wired, if i was to connect a socket to the light feed on my stairs and connect my downlights to this with a plug what, if any comebacks would i get?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: ceiling light

by ericmark » Tue May 08, 2012 9:33 pm

One can get a ceiling rose which takes a special plug. Click make them and using these with then flex to lights may be permitted. But the rules are all to do with council rules not national rules so only people you can ask is council. I know my son had loads of really great light fittings taken out of council houses when people left the house was always returned to orignal with pendent lamps and old tenants charged for the work it did not matter how good the job was.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:46 am