ceiling light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jendrake
Labourer
Labourer

ceiling light

by jendrake » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:10 pm

hi there ive just tried to fit the light but it blew a fuse there is a red wire agreen wire and two black wires coming from the ceiling on the light that im fitting is a blue wire a brown wire and a green and yellow wire but it has not been attached to anything do i need to screw it to apart of the light help jen

ericmark

by ericmark » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:47 pm

I will guess this is another case of the red sleeve falling off a black wire and a switch wire being connected to neutral which once light is switched on gives a direct short. There is a projects page where you can see how lights are connected and how the Line (Red or Brown) does not connect direct to lamp. Your description seems to have missed some wires in the count. Every black wire will have a red wire in same cable. And with new colour codes telling people what colour goes where can cause confusion so I'll see if you can work it out form projects page first.

jendrake
Labourer
Labourer

Re: ceiling light

by jendrake » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:25 pm

[quote="jendrake"]hi there ive just tried to fit the light but it blew a fuse there is a red wire agreen wire and two black wires coming from the ceiling on the light that im fitting is a blue wire a brown wire and a green and yellow wire but it has not been attached to anything do i need to screw it to apart of the light help jen[/quote] hi there thankyou for your reply but now the light is all working it wont turn off

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:32 pm