ceiling lights causing loft condensation
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mortod
Apprentice
Apprentice

ceiling lights causing loft condensation

by mortod » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:07 pm

I've recently noticed condensation in the loft space. I have improved things by increasing the loft ventilation, but I suspect that the main cause is the abundance of ceiling lights in our upstairs rooms (the spot type that sit in a round hole in the ceiling). Is there any solution to prevent warm moist air from rising up into the loft through the light fitting?

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:16 pm

Hi mortod,
you can buy little pots that sit over the fitting in your ceiling this will reduce the back heat given off by the lights, go to your local electrical wholesaler they should have some.
Kind Regards
KB

333rocky333
Ganger
Ganger

by 333rocky333 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:42 pm

You can get COOL FIT lamps , with aluminium back coating on the glass, these throw the heat forward and reduce heat going back through fitting,these are usually recomended with fire hoods or fire rated downlights to prevent heat damage within fittings.

Firehoods are recomended but will also increase the heat within the fittings.
This excess heat can cause the vents in the firehoods to seal up ruining the hood or fitting.

With the Hoods Check Instructions What Lamp They Recomend Before Buying.

The COOLFIT aluminium lamps are slightly dearer than standard lamps

Do not get COOL BEAM, lamps these force heat back through fitting ,these are used when lighting heat sensitive objects, and in your case will be worse.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:39 pm