I've been changing ceiling lights in a new flat and noticed that when I came to the hall light there was no current at the switch or the light itself when tested with one of those 'be safe' gadgets. I checked the wiring at the switch and the light terminal and all appears to be in order - just no current. This is strange because a second hall light (a wall light) works as do all other lights in the flat. Is it possible that this one light is on a different circuit (unlikely?) or is it something to do with the wiring.....or something else?
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!