ceiling rose connecting
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
goyathley
Apprentice
Apprentice

ceiling rose connecting

by goyathley » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:11 pm

Hi,guys thanks for the tips,i have tried almost all possible connection,but unfortunately still couldnt make some lights work,i know it was stupid that disconnect all cables from the ceiling rose without marking them,now i cant put them back in same orders,it is still seems im missing something,as i said before i have 4 main cables coming from ceiling each have brown,blue,yellow/green cables except one have 2 brown and yellow/green cables,there are also 1 single brown and blue cable,i checked all brown cables with a tester,only one of them live,i put all brown cables to L,all blues to N and all yellow/greens to earth section,put fuse up downstairs hall lights turns on but i cant turn them off from the switch and also no light at landing,tried different combination next time just put the only live brown cable and that single brown together in loop and the rest of cables as same before,can switch off/on the lights downstairs this time,but still some lights not working,im compeletly confused,wish i could sort out this mess that i have made,all i wanted to do just put up a new light that i bought.. :oops:

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: ceiling rose connecting

by BLAKEY1963 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:47 pm

[quote="goyathley"]Hi,guys thanks for the tips,i have tried almost all possible connection,but unfortunately still couldnt make some lights work,i know it was stupid that disconnect all cables from the ceiling rose without marking them,now i cant put them back in same orders,it is still seems im missing something,as i said before i have 4 main cables coming from ceiling each have brown,blue,yellow/green cables except one have 2 brown and yellow/green cables,there are also 1 single brown and blue cable,i checked all brown cables with a tester,only one of them live,i put all brown cables to L,all blues to N and all yellow/greens to earth section,put fuse up downstairs hall lights turns on but i cant turn them off from the switch and also no light at landing,tried different combination next time just put the only live brown cable and that single brown together in loop and the rest of cables as same before,can switch off/on the lights downstairs this time,but still some lights not working,im compeletly confused,wish i could sort out this mess that i have made,all i wanted to do just put up a new light that i bought.. :oops:[/quote]

GOYATHLEY

3 BROWN AND BLUE COULD B FEEDS IN AND OUT.
THEY WOULD GO TOGETHER.
TWIN BROWN SHOULD B SWITCH WIRE.
1 BROWN TO LAMP, THE OTHER BROWN CONNECTED TO
THE 3 BROWNS ALL LIVE FEEDS.

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:54 am