Ceiling Rose Wiring to Power Second Light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jonathanhat
Labourer
Labourer

Ceiling Rose Wiring to Power Second Light

by Jonathanhat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:15 pm

I am wanting to fit a second light with the power running from the existing rose, however the current wiring doesnt reflect diagrams i have seen. I have 3 completely seperate wires ...two neutral and one live. Any thoughts on this system...and do i simply take a feed from the N and L to. New box and so on?
Attachments
2017111813125600.jpg

chriscba
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Ceiling Rose Wiring to Power Second Light

by chriscba » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:47 pm

If you want the second light to come on with the existing light you can connect live and neutral from the two outer connections. The three lives in the middle are live in live out & live to the switch. The two neutrals are in & out. Black wire with red sleeve on is a switch wire, live return from switch

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Ceiling Rose Wiring to Power Second Light

by Mr White » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:47 am

If you want the new light to operate on / off the same time as the existing light then yes connect to the "Live and neutral" But you can only use a double insulated light as there is no earth (There is no earth shown in the picture)

If you want the new light to operate independently of the existing light then you cant as you only have neutral and switched live, you need neutral and permanent live.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:00 am