Ceiling shower switch

Postby Kenmac » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi all

My question is about a shower and were the 45 amp ceiling switch should be positioned.

Should the switch be external of the bathroom or were mine is, we have a door in bathroom which goes in to a small attic the switch is just inside this attic doorway so the position is outside bathroom but not on exit of bathroom. Is this normal?

Thanks

Ken
Kenmac
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby kbrownie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi Kenmac, when you say ceiling switch I guess you mean pull switch this has a pull cord on it and the cable termination are fixed to enclosure on ceiling. If so, it is okay to have it there, but can be installed in bathroom as long as the safety zones are complied to.
Regards
KB
kbrownie

Postby Kenmac » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:47 pm

Thanks for your answer KB

Yes it is the pull switch and because its on the opposite side of a door outside bathroom I guess it is not in any of the zones therefore safe.

Kenmac
Kenmac
Progress to next rank:
75%

Postby kbrownie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:28 am

Kenmac,
If the opening has a door that closes it will be outside zones!
Regards
KB
kbrownie

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!