ceiling spot lights
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
elec_spec
Labourer
Labourer

ceiling spot lights

by elec_spec » Wed May 30, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi All,
I'm about to change my old drop down ceiling lights to spot lights. Just wondering if anyone has any advice please... I'm told I can run three spots off one transformer???

Do I take the two wires that come down into the original light holder into a junction-box and then take separate feeds from the junction box to the transformers that feed the lights? Any help would be great,
Thank you,
S

Jeffmo
Ganger
Ganger

by Jeffmo » Thu May 31, 2007 9:14 pm

what you have is 2 cables , 1circuit cable end of radial circuit and 1 switch cable , so these are the cables you will use . With the spots there should be some instructions , but i would take a length of 1mm twin and earth from the new junction box to proximity of transformer and chock block to flex of transformer. I f they are going in the ceiling then make sure there is at least 130mm clearence between the ceiling and floorabove to prevent overheating.Also position the transformer at least 100mm from 1st light position . If you have to make cable holes through joists use a 12 mm wood bit. Just a note when connecting clips on the harness make sure they are sound , try giving them a quick tugg . Hope this helps .Regards Jeff .. Oh CAUTION remember the transformer is connected to a 230 v supply so treat with upmost respect . Cheers Be safe and enjoy.

Jeffmo
Ganger
Ganger

by Jeffmo » Thu May 31, 2007 9:26 pm

just a note on junction box , i am sure you are aware to connect new lightin cable ,brown to terminal of switch cable and blue to circuit cable terminal . ( or RED for BROWN and BLACK for BLUE )hope thats clear mate

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:02 pm