cement fillet
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mackers
Labourer
Labourer

cement fillet

by mackers » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:18 pm

I have just had a concrete panel garage built and I now need to apply a cement fillet around the inside. I was advised 3 parts sand to 1 part cement, but was not told what the consistency should be or how to apply it. Can I buy this product ready made? What is the best way to apply it and do I need any particular tool?

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

cement fillet

by Perry525 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:36 pm

I am not sure if this is a genuine inquiry?
The thing to do is, measure the inside perimeter of the garage, decide on the width of the fillet multiply this out, convert to cubic measure.
Then divide this by the number of bags you will need (each bag about one cubic foot) multiply that by the cost in your local supplier, plus possible cost of delivery. Then ask your local builders merchant what he will charge for the same amount of product delivered loose off a lorry.
You should mix using as much water as cement by volume.
Keep in mind water is heavy and is hard work moving about once mixed.
A useful system is to mix dry and place dry then, use a fine spray to damp the mix in situ then just leave nature to take its course.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:38 am