Central Heating,but no hot water
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dexxy
Labourer
Labourer

Central Heating,but no hot water

Post by dexxy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:02 pm

Hi there. I seem to have developed a problem with my Heating system.
I have oil fired heating from a Worcetser Danesmoor 15/19 unit. The problem that has developed is the heatings ok,but the hot water is not heating up. When i turn the C/H off,the unit cuts out as if off. The red 'power on' occasionally goes off (- safety cut out?) when i keep trying it.
What i have recently done is replace a radiator in one of the bedrooms. There may have been an airlock, but have bled the radiators to release any air.
Could anybody help, please? Thank you.

bornlivelife
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bornlivelife » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:01 pm

Sorry but I also have the same symptoms!

Indirect system with combi boiler, central heating fine, no hot water, as from yesterday

Pump is fine i think (i adjusted speed from low to medium and i heard its speed increase)

Thermostat or motorised valve i suspect might be the problem, how can i tell which it would be

The strange thing is that the pipes that provide the indirect heating (into and out of the tank) are very hot, but the tank water is not heating up (ie the pipe out of the top of the tank is cold)

What can it mean? does it mean the thermostat is broken and therefore set at ambient?

Also when i turn on hot tap, the boiler doesnt fire up (It is Glowworm space saver KFB 50) for at least 3 minutes. But the central heating fires up every 3 mins anyway - radiators are lovely and hot!

Thanks !

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1