Central Heating cleaner
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nav122
Apprentice
Apprentice

Central Heating cleaner

by nav122 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:04 am

Quick one. I have placed a central heating cleaner in my system just under a month ago. On the instructions it says leave the cleaner in the system for up to 28 days, under normal operating system condiitons.

Does this mean it must only stay in the system for 28 days if the central heating is used everyday or so, or could it stay longer in the system - say an extra 10 days if the central heating has hardly been used in the last month?

Further point does the cleaner work best if the heating is switched on everyday? I have used the heating for severals hours but very infrequently during the last 3 weeks?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:29 pm

Follow the instructions leave in system for 28 days under normal operating conditions. It doesn't say leave in system with heating on 24/7.

Obviously the cleanser will be more effective if the heating is running - as it will be circulating around the system. For the remaining time turn heating on once a day for a couple of hours - obviously if the weather improves you wont want the heating on.

If you find the cleanser hasn't improved the system performance, or solved the problems you're trying to cure - there's nothing stopping you repeating the process in the winter when you'll be using the heating more.

I've only used my heating about 4 times for an hour or so, since march.

htg

nav122
Apprentice
Apprentice

by nav122 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:55 am

Having completed a first drain of the CH system and now refilled, what is the best method of "flushing" the system?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1