Central heating failure
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
markp3532
Apprentice
Apprentice

Central heating failure

by markp3532 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:55 pm

Hi everyone, back in the summer we had a pump fitted in the loft for a new shower - since then the C/H has failed. We generally get 1 rad (bathroom) hot, and the rest are cold.
When the system fires up you can hear a lot of air in the boiler, and within a minute or two it will cut out as it overheats.
I have drained the whole system down and still the same problem - once the pump in the airing cupboard comes on you can clearly hear the air going through that pump aswell !!
I have bled the rads loads of times and no air to be seen.
Q. is there a way of bleeding from the boiler in the kitchen ?
Q. there isn's an auto vent on the C/H but there is on the H/W - can one be fitted to the C/H and if so would it be likely so solve the problem ?[/list]

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:27 pm

vent pump and make sure the auto airvent on boiler is open if there is one.

Is there a way of bleeding boiler ? you tell us - what type of boiler, make and model would help

markp3532
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Central heating failure

by markp3532 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:12 am

[quote="markp3532"]Hi everyone, back in the summer we had a pump fitted in the loft for a new shower - since then the C/H has failed. We generally get 1 rad (bathroom) hot, and the rest are cold.
When the system fires up you can hear a lot of air in the boiler, and within a minute or two it will cut out as it overheats.
I have drained the whole system down and still the same problem - once the pump in the airing cupboard comes on you can clearly hear the air going through that pump aswell !!
Q. there isn's an auto vent on the C/H but there is on the H/W - can one be fitted to the C/H and if so would it be likely so solve the problem ?[/list][/quote]The boiler is a Gloworm Micron 50FF

markp3532
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Central heating failure

by markp3532 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:17 am

markp3532 Hi everyone, back in the summer we had a pump fitted in the loft for a new shower - since then the C/H has failed. We generally get 1 rad (bathroom) hot, and the rest are cold.
Q. there isn's an auto vent on the C/H but there is on the H/W - can one be fitted to the C/H and if so would it be likely so solve the problem ?
The boiler is a Gloworm Micron 50FF

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1