Central heating only comes on when hot water is on!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

Aidan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Central heating only comes on when hot water is on!

by Aidan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:32 pm

Right apologies for the long post but i think the more information i give the better it'll be.

I'm putting in a new bathroom suite and have exchanged the radiator for a new one, the radiator that is in the bathroom is connected but has the valves closed until i plaster behind it as i will need to remove it.

Yesterday i put the central heating on and the temperature rose to about 70C but then dropped to down to zero and stayed there even though the boiler was still running. I turned the boiler off and bled all the radiators (there was quite a lot of trapped air) i then fired up the central heating last night and it was working fine (agood 3-4hrs) i left it running over night when i awoke this morning all the radiators were cold again but the boiler was still running.

Today while i was washing the dishes (using hot water) i noticed the boiler made a noise so checked on it, the temperature was low but when i shut the hot water off the temperature for the CH started to rise (although only a little) then it dropped back down to zero again

Any help/advice appreciated

It is currently Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:41 am