Central Heating Quote
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
makmak
Labourer
Labourer

Central Heating Quote

by makmak » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:26 am

Hi,

I got a quote for a new central heating system fora 3 bedroom, 2 storey house, can I ask your opinion and do you think that sounds like a decent price? and is the brands used for radiators and boiler ok?

Thanks for your help

-------
Supply & Fit New Central Heating System Including (remove old system):
TRV's, Chemically Treated, Fully Interlocked, Corgi Certification Upon Completion (21 Days)
8 Kermi Radiators (10 year guarantee):
600 x 600 (2)
800 x 600 (3)
1200 x 600 (2)
Towel Radiator (1)
Piping: Copper

Boiler:
Make: Viessman
Size: 30KW
Efficiency Band: A
Guarantee: 5 years parts and labour

Timescale: 3 days
Total Price: £2460

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:29 pm

Not a bad price, you could possibly get it abit cheaper if you shopped around but not much.

Not sure why they say 3 days seems abit OTT to me, unless they allow for problems etc etc.

htg

screech
Ganger
Ganger

by screech » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:17 am

be careful getting an obscure make of boiler. the vast majority of engineers will have never heard of it or seen one. will make getting it serviced or repaired after the warranty expensive and time consuming. parts availability might be poor. in 7 years i've seen thousands of boilers but never a viessman.

they might say they're a big company on the website but that doesn't mean they're big in the uk. the 5 year guarantee they offer is impressive though.

3 days is perfectly reasonable, depends how much work etc but floors up etc will take plenty of time. also depends how many people doing the job.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1