Central heating repair has stopped hot water

Postby hufri01 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi,

Um, probably stupid question but here goes. Yesterday I drained my central heating system to change a radiator valve. I refilled the system, bled the radiators and central heating works just fine only now the boiler does not heat the hot water for the taps and shower and bath. The water tank is cylindrical copper and fed hot water directly by the boiler. Can anybody give me suggestions for what may be wrong?

Many thanks

Richard
hufri01
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby nitro23456 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:00 pm

possibly your 2port/3port valve which switches between the heating and water as and when heat is required.

If you cylinder is in fact indirect with a central coil it is possibly airlocked.
nitro23456
Progress to next rank:
48.7%

Postby htg engineer » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:59 pm

It will be airlocked, check around the cylinder area for any manual airvents, you could try draining and refilling.

If the above fails - try cracking open the 2 nuts connected to cylinder coil to allow air to escape.
htg engineer

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!