central heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rusty 123
Labourer
Labourer

central heating

by Rusty 123 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:48 pm

hi every one,,hoping you can help,,just had an extension built and i am wanting to put some radiators in,,dont have the radiators as yet but i know what sizes they will be,,i am currently running the radiator pipes through the garage ceiling and am ready to take the pipes up through the floor,,they will all be double convector radiators with a 15mm connection,,my question is,,if im putting an 1800mm rad in what distance apart should i drill the holes for the pipes to go up through the floor/ceiling so they will make a good straight connection once the valves have been added in to the equation,,,is there a rule of thumb for this,,please help

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: central heating

by htg engineer » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Not really as you can get many different radiator valve styles, even different manufacturers have different size tails/valves/tails with drain-offs etc, if you have the valves you'll be able to measure but still wont be 100% until you measure the centres with the tails in the radiators.

htg

Rusty 123
Labourer
Labourer

Re: central heating

by Rusty 123 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:07 pm

htg engineer wrote:Not really as you can get many different radiator valve styles, even different manufacturers have different size tails/valves/tails with drain-offs etc, if you have the valves you'll be able to measure but still wont be 100% until you measure the centres with the tails in the radiators.

htg

thxs htg looks like i will have to wait a bit longer then

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1