central heating

Postby jeffrapido » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi,

The radiator in my living room (which is furthest from system) is cold. If I closed some radiators upstairs it get warm a bit but just on top. Also I hear knocking sound behind the wall. Please help. :cry:
jeffrapido
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:25 pm

Could be airlock, blockage or faulty radiator valve.

Firstly check pump setting and turn up if possible, then try removing radiator to see if there's water to both valves, if the water doesn't flow freely then there's probably a blockage in the pipe or at the manifold.

Look at other posts to see how to clear airlocks and blockages
htg engineer

Postby jeffrapido » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:27 am

Thanks for the advise. I check my pump and its in max setting.

I think the problem is blockage. I am planning to use sludge removal solution. I am planning to drain my heating system. I have two tanks in my loft, one big with a label drinking water and a smaller one with no label, could I put the sludge removal on the smaller tank and circulate it for a few days and drain it out (and possible remove the rad with problem)and put an inhibitor after? I would greatly appreciate your advice. Many thanks
jeffrapido
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!