Central heating verses hot water?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Mollymoo
Labourer
Labourer

Central heating verses hot water?

by Mollymoo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:13 pm

Hi,Wonder if anyone can help me,i`ve got a problem whereby my central heating will come on fine for aprox 2 hours then starts to go cold once again,if i run the hot water tap the central heating system will once again heat up,as if i`ve run some water off the system to start it again.
i`m at bit of a loss now as had heating engineer out several times now,charged me £465`s for replacing thermo rad valves along with 3 way valve and think problem has got him beat,central heating still same but he`s now not answering calls or turning up when i withold my no to get hold of him,would greatly appreciate any help anyone could offer me,thanks for your time in anticipation.Paul. :)

roger196
Ganger
Ganger

by roger196 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:38 pm

Would you let me know boiler type. Please confirm that you have a hot water tank separate to the boiler. When was the last time the boiler was professionally serviced.
As a provisional guess, the boiler thermostat is sticking in the off position when the water temperature in the boiler rises as the rads are satisfied. When you turn on the hot tap. this somehow resets this thermostat.
Intermittant faults are particularly difficult to find. To try to reproduce the fault conditions, I would run the CH system with all the TRV's turned down except one.
This is the type of fault where a competent corgi bloke is required. In future, try to negotiate for work to be done on a no cure, no fee basis.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1