central heating/water
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

terriwilk
Apprentice
Apprentice

by terriwilk » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:06 pm

I think the heating hasn't worked properly for that long that im not sure how it should work.

My husband would like to know what the min and max resistance values are (in ohms) on the the flow and return temp sensors, if he can test this and prove one way or the other if it is the sensor then it will put his mind at rest,

I know i am a pain but i hate things geting the better of me ha

hedgessp
Labourer
Labourer

hi puma 80e top fan runs on slow speed all the time any idea

by hedgessp » Fri May 23, 2008 8:03 pm

[quote="htg engineer"]Combi boilers give priority to hot water, if you run the bath you may find the heating will cool down abit, but unless your running the bath for 45mins to an hour - they shouldn't get cold.

With the radiators cooling down that much, it's probably the wax capsule sticking, get a Heating engineer to replace it.

The see if this is the problem, after using the hot water turn the boiler to standby - if it doesn't change across to heating - run the hot tap. This will allow cold water to run through the wax capsule and the capsule will shrink, then turn the boiler on and the heating should come straight on.

The pump will run continuously as long as the heating is on, the boiler burner will cycle on and off. The pump will also run after the timer has clicked off - known as pump over run. This gets rid of excess heat and prevents damage to the boiler.[/quote]