Central heating wont kick in
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
csancto
Labourer
Labourer

Central heating wont kick in

by csancto » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi,
My hot water is working fine but for some reason my central heating wont work. I have checked the time settings, thermostat and pilot light but I think its something more serious as the thermostat light indicates it is on but there doesnt seem to be any indication from the boiler or the radioators that any heating or pumping is happening. Is it the pump or could there be other reasons? I am really rubbish at home things like this :oops:

Cheers,

Carl

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:11 am

Make and model of boiler ?

different heating systems such as combi boilers, fully pumped systems, gravity hot water system - it could be exactly the same problem but with completely different parts at fault.

htg

csancto
Labourer
Labourer

by csancto » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:29 pm

It says GlowWorm Space Saver-R-Series-MK II with Honeywell V4700E Controll. Hope thats alright

Carl

screech
Ganger
Ganger

by screech » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:23 am

is the arm on the honeywell valve moved across? probably a worn synchron motor

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:44 am

Room thermostat calling for heat ?

Check the actruator/motorised valves, move the arm on the side and see if the boiler and pump come on. If they do, you need to replace the actuator head, also check the valves spindle moves freely and there's no signs of leaks from the base of the spindle.

htg

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1