Centrall heating not working after bleeding
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
neilo
Labourer
Labourer

Centrall heating not working after bleeding

by neilo » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:35 pm

I have balanced some of the Rads today and found 1 rad was cool so i bled the system but unfortunately the bleed nipple in the rad came out - water squirted everyehwre .
Anyway bleed nipple back in OK and now the heating system refuses to start up - the boiler kicks in but then the overheat thermostat trips .
When system is left for 1/2 hour or so then boiler works for a while then clicks off again.
Water pump works but gets very hot with pipes eirther side of pump at lower temp - any ideas greatly appreciated .
Has to happen on the coldest night so far !!!!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:03 am

make and model of boiler, did you re-pressurise systm ? vented pump ?
if the pump gets very hot, then the pump is probably stuck.

keitht
Apprentice
Apprentice

by keitht » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:35 pm

unscrew the pump cap and give the pump a turn or two. maybe air loci in pump causing boiler to shut down

neilo
Labourer
Labourer

by neilo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:22 pm

Thanks Guys,
I checked the pump and it WAS stuck so I shut off either side removed the pump to check it and it was dry inside which bothered me - I then tentatitively checked the feed and no water which means the rad issue I had vented out all the water and i was left with an airlock - I cleaned the feed pipe out and loads of sludge came out but I then got water so had my feed back.
Put pump back in - circulated the system and now I have full heat again .
Thanks again for your help

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1