CH and HW - will they work today or not?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andy1968
Labourer
Labourer

CH and HW - will they work today or not?

by andy1968 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:58 pm

Having some difficulties with CH and HW system. Have a new house (Sep07) with an Ideal boiler. I'm told by an Ideal engineer that the boiler is operating fine and the system is the problem. Had some problems in first two years which were repaired by builder. More problems now and builder says it's upto NHBC but NHBC not being too keen to get involved. Had British Gas look at the problem just before Xmas and paid their one-off charge for a repair. They replaced the synchro motor. Now on 3 occasions since New Year the system has not fired up and we've been left in the cold. Most days it's worked, others it hasn't. I've temporarily solved the problem by ensuring CH and HW go on and off from the timer at exactly the same time (just a hunch I had) but this can't be right - eg it will be no good in the summer. Although this works for now, we don't seem to have much HW available and the water temperature is too low despite being set to max. Do you think it really was the synchro motor? I understand that it's this part which switches between CH and HW?

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:53 am

Prolly the whole valve needs replacing

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:47 am