Change of Use From Garages to House Dwelling - Planning Approval Opinions
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vkharch
Labourer
Labourer

Change of Use From Garages to House Dwelling - Planning Approval Opinions

by vkharch » Mon May 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi,

I am looking at the possibility of demolishing a set of mainly detached garages (partly detached to other garages at the higher level and partly to retaining wall, it is a sloping area) and build a house dwelling. Garages are located in Bromley, London.

I'd be interested in others experience/view regarding getting planning approval to build 1-2 storey house on the whole plot about 15m x 5m, which is freehold though access to the plot is via driveway on a lease. I've contacted planning department however they said that they would not be able to advise until they get an application.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Picture2.jpg
Picture2.jpg (16.67 KiB) Viewed 2494 times

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Change of Use From Garages to House Dwelling - Planning Approval Opinions

by welsh brickie » Mon May 19, 2014 9:13 pm

you need an architect to draw an outline planning approval request, for what you require, The planning officer will then approve or deny the plans based on the plan proposal, you may need to alter a few details to pass the design, this will be discussed with meetings with the council

vkharch
Labourer
Labourer

by vkharch » Tue May 20, 2014 12:30 am

welsh brickie wrote:you need an architect to draw an outline planning approval request, for what you require, The planning officer will then approve or deny the plans based on the plan proposal, you may need to alter a few details to pass the design, this will be discussed with meetings with the council

Thanks for reply welsh brickie, would I be able to use the whole area where the garages are at the moment or there should be some limitation to the house rebuild area?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by welsh brickie » Tue May 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Im afraid only the planning officer can answer that.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1