Change of use or planning permission?

Postby prodgers69 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:40 pm

I currently live aboard a 50' boat, in a marina, and have done so for many years, recently my parents have offered me the land next to their house (free of charge), on which is small guesthouse, single story, bathroom, 1 bedroom, lounge/diner, this has been there for about 9 or 10 years. (of timber construction, looks like a log cabin)
My parents are moving house, and want to transfer ownership of land to me, what i would like to do is to split me time between boat (summer) and guesthouse (winter).
No planning permission was obtained when this was built, guesthouse was used when family/friends were staying, what would be the best course of action to take, as i will only be staying there for maximum of 4 months of the year,so will not be full time residential, it is self contained regarding power (solar), heating (gas) it has a shared cess pit with house.
since this has been there for this length of time could i ust apply for a change of use? or would i need to apply for planning permission.
Neighbours a few hundred yards down road have applied for planning permission for house in their grounds, and was refused.
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:20 pm


Simply Build It

Postby DevilDamo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Speak and obtain advice via your local planning authority.
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics