Change of use or planning permission?
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
prodgers69
Labourer
Labourer

Change of use or planning permission?

by prodgers69 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:40 pm

I currently live aboard a 50' boat, in a marina, and have done so for many years, recently my parents have offered me the land next to their house (free of charge), on which is small guesthouse, single story, bathroom, 1 bedroom, lounge/diner, this has been there for about 9 or 10 years. (of timber construction, looks like a log cabin)
My parents are moving house, and want to transfer ownership of land to me, what i would like to do is to split me time between boat (summer) and guesthouse (winter).
No planning permission was obtained when this was built, guesthouse was used when family/friends were staying, what would be the best course of action to take, as i will only be staying there for maximum of 4 months of the year,so will not be full time residential, it is self contained regarding power (solar), heating (gas) it has a shared cess pit with house.
since this has been there for this length of time could i ust apply for a change of use? or would i need to apply for planning permission.
Neighbours a few hundred yards down road have applied for planning permission for house in their grounds, and was refused.

DevilDamo
Tradesman
Tradesman

by DevilDamo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Speak and obtain advice via your local planning authority.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1