Changing oneway and 2 way lights switches.
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Duggie
Labourer
Labourer

Changing oneway and 2 way lights switches.

by Duggie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Sparks PLEASE help an old chippie.
I am trying to change the light switches in my hall. I have one single switch and a double switch.
The single operates the hall lights, and the other also switches the hall lights and the outside light,
I have changed the single in the same way as it was originally wired. (red to top blue bottom left and yellow bottom right).The other I have wired as the original was wired but have no outside light and no two way switching for the hall.
What I had on the original was (top) 2 yellow into the no3 terminal, red and blue into no 2 and red red in no 3. ( one of the reds in 2 and 3 was just a loop)
in the bottom no 1 was red and no 2 blue no 3 empty.
The new switch has (top) common and no 1 and no 2
(bottom) no 2 no 1 and the common.
I have changed the bottom two wires around but either get no hall lights and the outside remains on all the time.

What am I doing wrong.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Thu May 06, 2010 11:07 pm

I am having a problem following what you are doing. If you click on the following link you can see how to post some images: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/forums/faq.php#6 if you have any which may explain you issue a little better

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:02 am