Changing Room Stat
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cemhlm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Changing Room Stat

Post by cemhlm » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:35 pm

About 1 month ago I changed my old electr-mech Thermostat for a Digital Stat, it was easy to do, the new Stat a Sunvic 7501 required a 2 wire connection - Live and Call for heat, no neutral or earth was needed, 2 x AA batteries provoded the power to the Stat. Since installing the Sunvic it became obvious that the Stats position is just to near the kitchen door, when the door is opened the heat from the kitchen turns off the stat, keeping the kitchen door shut is not an option, moving the Sunvic is also not an option. The solution is a Wireless RF Stat, I can then place the Stat away from external heat sources.

The RF Stat I have found which is easy to use is the Salus RT300RF Model, the Installation instructions can be found if you visit "salus-tech.com/manuals" and then search for the correct manual.

I do not want a Programmable Stat, this model allows easy to use up - down and set options nothing else, anything that requires programming is a no no for my wife, she has a mental block on all things high-tech.

If you look at the installation instructions there are 2 options for wiring this model, 230v and volt free, bearing in mind how the current Stat is wired ie Live and Call for heat, am I right in assuming that the 230v wiring is the correct option for me. wiring in the L and N seems straightforward, but the Call for Heat wire is not so obvious looking at the diagram the SL position is where this wire would go. as the diagram states that * is not normallu used.

Any advice is apprecaited.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi, this stat has as you say 3 modes of connection, in your case live & neutral connect as marked and the link from live in is already in place so you just take switch line from the other side of the internal switch.
The other mode takes out the link so you put in the mains to power L & N and then the 2 switch contacts are available for other (low voltage) switching.
Also at least one make of boiler insists the feed to external controls must come from boiler & return to it, so this accommodates this too.
The remaining term* is for cooling ie air-con so is not used,
hope this is helpful,

cemhlm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cemhlm » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:01 am

[quote="sparx"]Hi, this stat has as you say 3 modes of connection, in your case live & neutral connect as marked and the link from live in is already in place so you just take switch line from the other side of the internal switch.
The other mode takes out the link so you put in the mains to power L & N and then the 2 switch contacts are available for other (low voltage) switching.
Also at least one make of boiler insists the feed to external controls must come from boiler & return to it, so this accommodates this too.
The remaining term* is for cooling ie air-con so is not used,
hope this is helpful,[/quote]

Sparx, thanks for reply, can I just confirm your advice.

L to L Terminal

N to N Terminal

Demand (call for heat) to SL Terminal

Thanks again

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:46 pm

Yup that will do it, late reply due to office move no Interwebb for a few days,

cemhlm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cemhlm » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:46 am

Sparx. thanks for confirmation I managed to contact the tech people at Salus who gave same advice, thermo installed working fine. Can now let the wife out of the kitchen, happy christmas.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:22 am