cheap timber!!
Post your questions and find answers on all garden related topics and areas

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sweetorb
Tradesman
Tradesman

cheap timber!!

Post by sweetorb » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:19 pm

i recently moved into a new house and have decided to build myself a workshop in the garden..( at last i have permision from the boss!!)

ive got no problem building it as im a carperter of nearly 20 years and got into my trade thru working at a local shed/summerhouse manufacturers,then goin college,doin apprenticeship etc..etc...

decided on the design but am trying to source some cheap timber as its a big workshop and my initial pricings were a bit of a shock,specifically looking for some cheap shiplap (thick/rebated preferably),failing that am not averse to featheredge(aware of the downsides,shrinking etc,can make it solid an itll b ins and lined anyway). also looking for some sawn 6/5x2 to make a raised deck to sit it on.. any ideas? dont mind collecting. am northants based.

thanks

aceone
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by aceone » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:50 pm

HI....if you go to a yahoo site called freecycle,sign up to your local group,and put in a wanted request for wood....everything on the site is free,its put on the site rather than sending it to landfillyou will be supprised what you can get for your project,and at no cost .....mike

sweetorb
Tradesman
Tradesman

cheap wood

Post by sweetorb » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:48 pm

hi mike

cheers for that,funny ennuf i got a bit of a greenhouse project goin on as well at the mo,nearly fell over when i got the quote for glass/perspex earlier an some1 mentioned a site like u did,ill definitely try it...cheers for that!
mark

aceone
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by aceone » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:26 am

hi sweetord.....be patiant and you will find a greenhouse on there ive seen plenty....well worth a visit.....regards mike

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:29 pm