Chimney cooker hood
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
moselinf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Chimney cooker hood

Post by moselinf » Tue May 01, 2007 2:53 pm

I have recently installed a stainless stell cooker hood in my kitchen, unfortunately the outer section of the chimney was too long to fit between the top of the hood and the ceiling. Therefore I removed approx. 8 inches with an angle grinder. Unfortunatley this has tarnished to brushed stailess steel effect.

Can anyone either recommend a product for removing the tarnish or something to cover the joint between the inner and outer section of chimney?

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sat May 12, 2007 11:13 am

We know of nothing to remove the tarnish but you can buy a strip of stainless from most engineering units in trading estates locally. If you give the engineer the size he can make you up a "collar" to cover the joint which you can drill and fix with self tapping screws in the least visible place.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:39 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:22 am