Choosing a new Combi boiler Worcester or Vaillant ?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Churchdownlad
Labourer
Labourer

Choosing a new Combi boiler Worcester or Vaillant ?

Post by Churchdownlad » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:32 pm

Our old potterton back boiler has finally given up after 40+ years of service.

Apparently we now need to relocate a new boiler on the outside wall which means running pipes accross the kitchen and thus an expensive installation. We have a 3 bed end of terrace with no cavity walls 1 bathroom, 2 people.

I've concuded we need a combi boiler with around 30 KW output. The general concensus seems that Worcester Bosch and Vaillant are preetty much the high quality mainstream brands so have been considering the

Worcester Bosch 30 Si

and

Vaillant Ecotec 831

Any views on the relative merits of these two?

The feedback i got so far is that (a) WB aregood quality but overpriced with shortish warranty but have good and reasonably priced spares/repair costs.

(B) Vaillant are perhaps slightly better built, are liked by many service guys ars they are well designed for maintenance, but some people said that Vaillant have had problems.

I am told that Vailant now own Glow Worm and that they have integrated the backup srvice. Glow Worm runabout 200 cheaper, is one bgettinga rebadged Vailliant or is it a completely different and inferior product?

Also i have heard that Viessmann offer a better guarantee, is this a brand that I should consider? how do they compare wity the opther tow in terms of quality and reliability?

MSG2
Labourer
Labourer

Post by MSG2 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:41 am

I have had a fair bit of experience with valiant boilers and can reccomend them in larger installations, such as yours requiring 30Kw heat.

Easy to service and spares can be got easily and priced reasonably, though I like Biasi boilers as they are even more easier to service.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1