All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Heeber
Apprentice
Apprentice

Choosing a Shower Pump

by Heeber » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi folks,
going to be adding a shower pump as part of en-suite renovation.

Was looking at the Salamander pumps on Screwfix and the Showerforce pumps on B&Q, but the guidance on what is 'best' is vague to say the least.

I obviously want as powerful a shower as I can get, but recognise that I don't want to empty my hot water in 2 mins, so flow is important. I guess I can dig into the specs of the various pumps to figure that out, but I do have what is prob a dumb question.

The Showerforce/Easiboost pumps have a flow control function. At first I thought this would be perfect in case my calcs were wrong but - am I being dense to think this is kinda pointless - the flow control on the shower valve achieves the same purpose?

Any other thoughts on these two options appreciated.

Thanks,
Heeb

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:15 pm

no it doesn't, as such. the idea of a power shower is to have as much pressure as possible, if running from a pump and you turn the pressure down on the shower valve then the pump could detect the dip in pressure and cut out. you should have the valve fully open when running it off a pump.

but if you are concerned about the size of your HWC then surely a power shower is pointless. if you have to adjust the flow rate (and consequently the pressure output) of the pump to make your water last longer then it would defeat its purpose. might as well go for a conventional shower - or a bigger hot water tank.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:48 am