Christmas tree wires solution
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PaulWhite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Christmas tree wires solution

by PaulWhite » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Hello everybody,
I would like to share a handy solution to hide the wires of my Christmas tree. Throughout the year I have an old radio which stays on the corner of the living room. I already use D-line around the skirting board fit with D-Line F-Clips, which easily snap-in the lengths. All I had to do was to open the clips and replace the radio wires for the tree wires, which were so well hidden. If it wasn’t for the gaps on the branches I could even tell people that my tree was natural!
Last edited by PaulWhite on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:08 pm

The D Line—also referred to as the Green Line, because green is the line's color on maps—is a light rail line which is part of the light rail system operated by the Regional Transportation District in the Denver-Aurora Metropolitan Area in Colorado. The line was the first line in the system since it opened in 1994 from downtown Denver to I-25 and Broadway as the Central Corridor. It was extended along the Southwest Corridor in July 2000. Until the Central Platte Valley Spur opened on April 5, 2002, this line had no letter or color designation.

The D Line's northern terminus is in Five Points northeast of downtown Denver. It goes through downtown, running southwest along Welton Street, then going up 19th Street. On trips leaving downtown, the line goes along Stout Street and 14th Street; on trips from Littleton, the line runs along California Street. Then the line follows Stout Street and Colfax Avenue, and follows a railroad right-of-way, where it joins with the C Line at 10th/Osage Station. They run in tandem until they reach their southern terminus at Mineral Avenue in Littleton.

I am sure this is not the D Line you refer to. But I think the post is some what confusing to anyone who has not come across D shaped trunking. And I am sure we have all found methods to hide cables.

Not sure on if hiding cables is good anyway? I go for green coloured cables and can't see any tree with lights ever looking natural. I have wandered the woods in my area and never seen any creepers clinging to the tree which also illuminate it. That only happens in USA?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:35 am